Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 2

I am done with classes for the day and I only have one class tomorrow. I am happy to finally be on the home stretch for the weekend. My roommate tells me that she has a test to study for but she has been studying all day so she wants a movie break. We decide to pop in Twilight. I personally think the movie is a tad overrated but I find it interesting that it has half the American teenage girl population obsessed with it. Its author Stephenie Meyer did an impressive job writing just what every girl wants to hear. The control and the power of manipulation that the media has over our lives is astounding. The media always goes for the sensual and the exciting and the more we see it on TV the more we think that the stories the media portrays are the norms. We are slowly letting the media rip out our traditional values and define who we are as men and women and as a culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment